Breast Cancer can be a battle that we feel like we are facing alone. Please remember that there are people and organisations out there to help and support you - both emotionally, legally and financially.
Let us point you in the right direction but listing a few of the many foundations in South Africa:
• Cancer Alliance : The Cancer Alliance is a collective group of cancer control non-profit organisations and cancer advocates who act as a voice to affect change for all South African adults and children affected by cancer. https://www.canceralliance.co.za/
• Breast Health Foundation : BHF is a non profit organisation which works to educate the public on breast cancer and breast health, increase awareness and empower women.
• C4C : Campaigning for Cancer is a platform where you are able to share your cancer story, learn from others and also ask questions and seek guidance. https://www.c4c.co.za/
• CANSA : The Cancer Association of South Africa is a leader in the fight against Cancer in SA. They are a non profit organisation with a mission to enable research with regards to lowering cancer risk, education the public regarding symptoms, screening and risk education and they also provide care and support to those effected.
• Cancer Buddies : Specialises in offering support, information and guidance to all those affected by cancer either directly or indirectly. They help by matching the newly diagnosed with surviroors trained to offer counselling. https://www.cancerbuddies.org.za/home
• Pink Drive : The Pink Drive is an NGO with the purpose to contribute meaningfully towards preventing cancer. Its primary focus is on citizens without access to reasonable care. The Pink Drive aims to help with Clinical Breast Exams and Mammograms.